For the longest time the yachting lifestyle was limited to the elite few who could afford it – wealthy movie stars, actors, successful businessmen and other decamillionares. However, in recent years a new business model has opened the door to new owners – fractional yacht ownership. Not unlike the time share model used for vacation properties, with fractional yacht ownership the cost of purchase and maintenance of a luxury yacht is shared with others. Now even the run-of-the-mill millionaire can afford the yachting lifestyle.
The fractional yacht ownership industry is comprised of a number of competing yachting companies all vying for top positions in search engines for a limited number of relevant keyword searches. SeaNet (seanetco.com) reached out to Inteliture when its rankings for these keywords were sliding.
There are only a handful of keywords consumers use when searching and shopping online for shared yacht ownership. The most coveted of these include fractional yacht, fractional yacht ownership, shared yacht and shared yacht ownership. Much of the search traffic in the shared yacht ownership industry is generated by these keywords.
For many years, seanetco.com, with little effort, maintained top rankings in Google for these four keyword search phrases. However, as search algorithms evolved and competition increased, SetNet watched as it’s top rankings were slowly erroded and replaced by competing websites. Over a period of a year, SeaNet’s keyword rankings dropped from the top of the first page of search results to the bottom of the first page, and then to the second page. Overnight, website traffic plummeted.
Our competitive analysis yielded the following findings:
- Much of the content on the seanetco.com website was antequated and out of date. While SeaNet had invested heavily in their fleet of yachts, they had neglected to keep fresh content on their site.
- While SeaNet’s website remained stagnant, several other industry players (and competitors) had invested in attractive websites and compelling content that drove inbound links and conversion.
- As the fractional yacht industry evolved and grew, consumer search traffic became more focused around a smaller cluster of relevant keywords.
Strategy and Implementation
We’d like to go on and on about how difficult it was to help seanetco.com regain it’s search engine rankings, but truth be told, it simply required time and the application of a best practices approach to SEO. This is what we did:
- We helped SeaNet update and redevelop the look and feel of the seanetco.com website, bringing it into the 21st century.
- Performed an extensive website audit to identify internal linking and technical issues that were causing Google to have difficulting spidering and indexing site pages.
- We helped SeaNet identify and implement a content development strategy designed to ensure current and compelling site content.
- In conjunction with the content development strategy, we implemented a strategy aimed and improving the growing the site’s inbound link structure.
- We set up web analytics on all pages to track indexing and traffic progress.
Results and Achievements
Within several months, SeaNet was able to regain its rankings in Google for all relevant keyword searches, achieve several new keyword rankings, website traffic rebounded and on-site conversion increased.
- #1 ranking in Google for “frational yacht”
- #2 ranking in Google for “fractional yacht ownership”
- #2 ranking in Google for “shared yacht ownership”
- #4 ranking in Google for “shared yacht”
- #3 ranking in Google for “fractional yacht ownership”
- #2 ranking in Google for “fractional yacht”
- #5 ranking in Google for “shared yacht ownership”
- #5 ranking in Google for “shared yacht”
Contact us today and let’s discuss what we can do for you.